Manager, Business Operations, Platform Distribution
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Operations is responsible for facilitating the monetization of TWDC content through accurate creation and timely delivery of product avails to domestic and global transactional partners. This position is responsible for all facets of TV avails including but not limited to aggregating and securing information, data entry and validating distribution rights, creation and publication of avails, and interfacing with production, transactional partners, technology teams and vendors. This position manages one direct report and reports to the Senior Manager, Business Operations.
• Accurate creation and timely delivery of product avails to domestic and global transactional partners.
• Collaborate with Asset Management and Systems and Process Management teams to drive efficiencies across transactional customer base through standardization and automation and direct the ongoing implementation of business plans and systems/tools to maximize revenue.
• Fulfill contractual obligations to deliver avails in industry standard specs and collaborate with Systems and Process Management team to request enhancements to gain alignment between transactional customer requirements and TWDC systems roadmap.
• Manage product availability on domestic and global transactional storefronts through proprietary platform systems.
• Serve as representative from Business Operations in cross-divisional meetings and liaise with key stakeholders to execute strategic and go-to-market plans for TV product.
• Manage and collaborate with multi-matrixed, cross-departmental groups across TWDC to align distribution efforts with network and Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution priorities.
• Create a team environment that is open and inclusive and encourages candor, communication and collaboration.
• Create and build relationships with counterparts across TWDC in sales, operations, production, digital media, legal, accounting, etc. and externally with distributors, business partners, vendors, and technology developers.
• Use critical and creative thinking and analysis to solve highly complex, multifaceted business challenges in a multi-matrixed, cross-departmental environment, employing relationship building, team building, collaboration and critical thinking strategies and skills
• Some travel and non-traditional work hours required depending on business needs
• In-depth knowledge of business operations strategies
• In-depth knowledge of project management practices
• Excellent relationship building, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong attention to detail and accountability
• Able to see tasks and projects through to completion with minimal supervision
• Recognized as an accomplished people leader and team builder
• In-depth appreciation of the needs and concerns of distribution partners regarding systems requirements, implementation plans, and technical obligations
• Strong understanding of the market positioning and strategies of Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
• Strong working knowledge of Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA) avails, Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), Logical Asset Identifier (ALID), and other industry standard specs and identifiers
• Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience
• Minimum 1 year leadership experience
• International experience
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.