The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The HR Specialist serves as a sounding board and provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. The person in this role has the ability to take ambiguous situations and provide clarity. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
• In partnership with Global HR Operations (GHRO), support on-boarding related activities with a focus on coaching managers with the onboarding plans and strategy for integration (i.e. new manager assimilation needs, key talent information)
• In partnership with GHRO and leadership, coordinate off-boarding related activities – to include HR partnership on sensitive separations, etc.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships across the client group and cross-functional HR partners
• Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures, to include:
• Position Management – in partnership with GHRO and the Segment Org management team
• Organizational chart management for client areas (where applicable as this is sometimes done by the business)
• Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns, partnership on Townhalls, New Hire Welcome lunches, Speaker series, etc.
• Provides information to leaders and HRBP's in the development of talent solutions, resources for career development, client specific learning opportunities and/or job descriptions for recruitment
• Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
• Create reports and/or presentations that discuss the findings of a research effort or project – be able to present information and show key findings to a variety of leaders, peers, clients and partners
• Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively partner – both internally and externally
• Solid knowledge of HR systems, policies and processes including: SAP (Display HR Master Data, Org hierarchy overview, and Display position), hiring approval process, performance management process, and talent and succession planning processes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
• Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
• Proven ability to work with confidential information – while exercising sound judgment and decision making
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment – while being flexible, adaptable and demonstrating an ability to problem solve
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook; SAP and the Internet
• Ability to effectively manage project work while balancing priorities
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience in an HR client facing professional role
• Experience with Visio, Excel, tableau, Powerpoint
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.