The Walt Disney CompanyVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity and is breaking new ground in episodic storytelling, bringing theatrical quality animation to the series format for Disney . This role will be located in our Vancouver Studio.
• Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Head of Walt Disney Animation
• Studios - Vancouver
• Primary contact for all incoming phone calls and communication
• Extensive scheduling of meetings and the maintenance of the primary calendaring
• system (Google)
• Expense Report processing via SAP and Concur (including understanding of
• company expense policies)
• Travel arrangements both international and domestic
• Arrange company car service and related requirements
• Ordering catering and office supplies
• Coordinate and organize various screenings, events and offsites
• Liaison between the Head of Studio's Office, studio partners at WDAS and the
• greater Walt Disney Company
• Handle VIP requests for business affiliates
• Handle an array of special tasks and assignments as they arise
• Minimum of 3 years administrative experience supporting an executive level leader (VP &
• A self-starter with the ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
• Strong proficiency with PC business tools, i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong SAP skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multitask, make decisions and change course
• of action quickly
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior
• executives and business unit contacts and key external partners
• Ability to work with confidential information and exercise good judgment and discretion
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Impeccable phone etiquette
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team with diverse
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
• Fast notes a must. Shorthand a plus
• BA or BS preferred
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.