Director, Research Advertising Sales
The Walt Disney CompanySingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Supporting the SEA remit of Disney Media Networks, you will lead a research and analytics team that supports the media sales and partnerships teams on a day to day basis. You will work closely with the heads of Sales in market, planning, partner management to drive the day-to-day functions of the business, whilst developing key insights to propel the sales and partnership business forward.
• Work with the senior management team in identifying and collating market information and insights on business development opportunities across the region.
• Deliver regular analysis on content and channel performance across the region.
• Support the different sales functions – Pitching, conversion, post campaign performance reports.
• Ability to develop a strong ''WHY BUY'' case for the network based on performance across the multiple platforms – Linear, Digital as well as strength of brand.
• Manage the SEA research budget including negotiations with 3rd party data providers and vendors.
• Represent Sales and Partnership business needs as part of IT systems review from time to time
• Represent the brand across nominated industry organizations, advocating TWDC's position on market research and or necessary developments and change
• Strong industry connections with ability to reach out to new prospects
• Excellent understanding of advertising sales media business, in particular ad sales and promotional activity
• 12-15 years of research management
• Experience of working in a matrixed and fast-growing environment
• Leading a team through change and ambiguity
• Worked effectively with stakeholders across diverse cultures Knowledge and Skills
• Strong understanding of the competitive landscape and diverse clients across APAC
• Consistently builds on industry trends and business issues
• Strategic thinker
• Ability to build strong relationships, partner and network with clients/agencies
• Analytical skills
• Proven track record of being a team player
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders
• Ability to drive results through collaboration with diverse stakeholders
• Demonstrates curiosity
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Capable of examining issues from a broad perspective, considering impact beyond immediate scope
• Inspires creativity and innovation in others
• Strong ability to problem solve
• Excellent client management skills
• Proven ability to drive engagement, instill trust and inspire a team
• Ability to manage ambiguity • Ability to optimize resources, processes etc
• Acts as a role model for TWDC standards
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.