Director, Multicultural Solutions
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2021 9:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Multicultural Solutions jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Multicultural Solutions postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Multicultural Solutions? Job Summary:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney , Hulu, ESPN and Disney Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Reporting into the VP, Commercial Operations, Disney CreativeWorks, the role of Director, Multicultural Solutions will be responsible for building marketing solutions that authentically and creatively reach multicultural audiences, which are the fastest-growing demographic yet under-represented in media.
• Build our cultural strategy and authentic marketing solutions that help our clients speak to diverse audiences building off of existing cultural moments (Oscars, ESPY's, etc.) as well as new franchise development (for example, The Undefeated)
• Leverage research and insights to ensure that our ideas and campaigns are rooted in data and a deep awareness of the cultural values of each audience
• Act as a subject matter expert in multicultural marketing and share that expertise with Sports and Entertainment Brand Solutions, Disney CreativeWorks, Brand Connect, Category Solutions & Insights, Cross Portfolio Solutions and Sales Communications to ensure that our work is culturally relevant and sensitive to all of our diverse audiences
• Work closely with our brand leaders to identify & create new brand moments that can drive revenue and relevancy
• Manage the relationship with Translation LLC and help evangelize this partnership in the market alongside sales
• Partner with Sales leads to attend client meetings to help sell through our ideas/proposals
• Accelerate relationships and partnerships with trade organizations, agencies and other vendors who specialize in multicultural marketing
• Build a reputation in the market as a thought leader for Disney in multicultural solutions (for example, attend conferences, speak on panels, press engagements etc.)
• Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion
• 10 years' experience in media and marketing
• Experience interfacing with high level executives, clients, agencies and other key partners
• Demonstrated skill at developing solutions targeting multicultural audiences
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficient in all digital media as well as Microsoft office and comparable programs
• Recognized for industry leadership (emphasis in multicultural audiences and marketing)
• Well-established reputation in the marketplace for delivering accelerated revenue growth
• Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
• Able to work create solutions and deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic and diverse team, manage multiple projects and bring projects to successful execution on time and on budget
• Ability to travel based on business needs
• Bachelor's degree minimum.
• Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Technology or related field.
• Advanced degree a plus
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.