Director, Customer Success
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney , Hulu, ESPN and Disney Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
As part of Disney's powerful suite of advanced advertising solutions, Hulu is now giving smaller businesses the ability to advertise in a high quality, premium streaming television environment. We recently launched the beta of Hulu Ad Manager, a self-service solution for small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) to activate, manage and track their ad campaigns. For the first time, SMBs have access to a self-service solution that gives them the choice and control to tell their story in Hulu's premium streaming TV environment. The Hulu Self-Service team works with various cross-functional groups to provide our clients with the platform and support they need to run successful campaigns and grow their businesses on Hulu's premium content offering.
We are seeking a leader for our Self Service sales team who will be an outstanding addition to our Ad Sales organization. You'll be a part of the latest growth engine for the streaming business and work on our new ad management platform, Hulu Ad Manager. The right person for this role will build and develop an emerging team and sales channel, grow revenue and help SMBs build their businesses, and ensure client happiness & retention. The role will be instrumental in building future versions of the platform, with a conduit to Product to influence long-term strategy and roadmap. You will also design processes, tools, and strategy to scale our customer success team. If you are someone who has excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and you're an inspiring people leader, then this is a great role for you.
• Drive to revenue objectives and scale a high growth line of business. This team will facilitate client success via education, evangelizing the platform, and driving platform adoption.
• Partner with B2B marketing on program design to improve advertiser experience, activation, and retention rates.
• Build, grow, and coach a team of highly motivated Customer Success Managers with responsibility for end-to-end customer lifecycle, from prospecting through retention.
• Scope and manage multiple work streams related to building sales and customer service systems, tools, and processes. Includes collaboration with sales teams, ad product, technical program management, business enablement, and requires facilitating change across the business.
• Evaluate metrics and optimize team performance using a data driven approach.
• Communicate, partner, and influence across internal teams.
• Concisely lay out technical vision and requirements for the evolving platform; partner closely with our Product and B2B Marketing teams on road-mapping and improvements based on customer needs and market feedback.
• 5 years of experience managing people, hiring & building teams, and leading through change, preferably in early stage start-up or media technology environment.
• Demonstrated ability in Sales, Customer Success, Account Management and/or Client Services.
• Experience orchestrating projects across matrixed organization and managing workstreams to completion. Comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
• Skilled in process design, systematizing at scale and anticipating challenges. Ability to recognize opportunities and to proactively seize them to drive impact, while prioritizing and making appropriate tradeoffs when deciding the best course of action.
• Ability to communicate clearly in all forms, to explain complex concepts simply and concisely, and to adjust narrative based on audience.
• Product and technical aptitude with demonstrated experience translating customer needs into platform features & solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build authentic business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges as they arise.
• A strong interest in providing solutions for marketers and growing businesses.
• Experience with Ad Tech software or other scaled advertising models.
• Bachelor's Degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.