Counsel, Legal Affairs - Television Animation
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/16/2024 9:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel, Legal Affairs - Television Animation jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Counsel, Legal Affairs - Television Animation postings
Full Time Job
The Counsel for Television Animation (TVA) will work in a collaborative fashion with other departmental members and members of related departments, including Business Affairs, Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Marketing, Brand Management, Publishing and Digital Media, reporting to a Principal Counsel, Legal Affairs. The position will have day-to-day responsibilities in connection with the development and production of animated television and multi-platform projects for Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney+ as well as on-line platforms. Such duties will include negotiating, managing, and advising on deals, drafting of contracts relating to the development and production of animation content and related studio activities, advising on employment law, advising on rights and legal clearance, and analyzing intellectual property and other related issues.
• Meet with business affairs, creative, production and finance executives to collaborate on deal structuring, contractual language, and to advise regarding labor and related issues.
• Negotiate, draft, and finalize various contracts, including agreements for writers, voice talent, directors, independent contractors, production services, vendor agreements, rights acquisition, etc.
• Successfully liaise with talent representatives.
• Review, research, and advise on intellectual property issues and clearance related to content.
• Work with third party production companies with respect to legal matters on assigned productions; and
• Work with business partners and legal colleagues throughout the company to advise and document as necessary with respect to exploitation of TVA content outside of television exhibition.
• A minimum of 3 years of combined experience in a law firm and/or network/studio
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
• Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
• Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
• Experience with respect to guild and union agreements, contract law, first amendment issues, and/or intellectual property law (including defamation, right of publicity, parody).
• Prior production and/or distribution experience (particularly animation) , or other entertainment, media experience a plus.
• Related experience in entertainment-related field, with emphasis on contracts, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property law.
• Experience in employment law, including wrongful termination and wage and hour issues.
• JD degree or equivalent from an accredited law school.
• Admission to a State Bar in good standing or, willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
#CORP_Media; #LegalAffairs; #twdcmedia
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $139,910 to $181,060 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.