Associate Principal Counsel, Ad Sales Legal
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2024 8:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Associate Principal Counsel, Ad Sales Legal jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Principal Counsel, Ad Sales Legal postings
Full Time Job
Ad Sales Legal is part of the Legal Department of TWDC and provides legal advice to Disney Advertising Sales and other businesses of TWDC regarding advertising and sponsorship, marketing, digital products, technology, and content distribution.
The Associate Principal Counsel (''APC'') will provide legal advice and support for the Disney Advertising Sales team for various Disney brands including FX, ABC, National Geographic, and Hulu, with particular focus on the ESPN-related sports media business and the local ad sales business. The APC will draft and negotiate agreements related to multimedia sponsorship and advertising endeavors (including branded and custom content, integrated marketing, promotions and sponsorships, influencer marketing, venue use agreements, content production and development, production services agreements, and cross-platform long-form sponsorship partnerships relating to ESPN's portfolio of programming rights and properties). The APC will also need a good working knowledge of privacy, data security, social media, and basic insurance parameters to help clients navigate these areas in conjunction with TWDC's subject matter experts.
• Structure, draft, and negotiate contracts relating to multimedia advertising sales, integrated marketing, branded and custom content, influencer marketing, out-of-home and social media platforms, sponsorship and promotion, software license agreements, venue license agreements, production services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, advertising technology, data collection and use, and research and analytics.
• Provide advertising and marketing legal advice and transactional support for other businesses of TWDC, including counseling and collaborating with other legal colleagues on associated issues such as sponsorships, contest and sweepstakes, user generated content, content production and development, and business development.
• Review creative materials to ensure compliance with advertising law and policy, including compliance with FTC Guidelines, CARU Guidelines, internal company guidelines, and other advertising industry standards and practices.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a law firm advising major corporate clients or working in a corporate legal department, including structuring, negotiating, and drafting contracts and providing advice on matters related to advertising and privacy.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies.
• Ability to anticipate and understand the implications of agreements, contractual provisions, and related decisions on a client, including identifying and assessing potential risks and impacts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong drafting, negotiating, and writing skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner.
• An excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism; excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of co-workers and clients.
• Must be willing to take ''ownership'' of projects and think proactively.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects independently with minimal supervision.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience structuring, negotiating, and drafting contracts for a law firm advising major corporate clients or working in a corporate legal department at a media company, specializing in issues related to advertising and privacy.
• Experience providing legal services related to regulatory aspects of digital, online, and linear content and advertising, including FTC and FCC Guidelines, other digital advertising industry guidelines, privacy, behavioral tracking, targeting, security, and related matters.
• Experience providing legal services related to digital and mobile marketing, promotions, and related services and systems.
• Experience providing legal advice in support of advertising technology.
• Working knowledge of the sports/media landscape (for example, while knowledge of starting lineups in a particular sport is not required or necessary, understanding the college conference and pro league structure is, as is understanding how advertising is presented during sports programming); strong preference for an active user of ESPN media platforms (ESPN linear channels, digital offerings, etc.)
• JD or equivalent from an accredited law school
• Membership in the New York State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
The hiring range for this position in New York is $173,304.00 - $229,680.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.