Analyst, Dp&A - Project Hire
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company's DMED is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN , Disney , Hulu and Hotstar -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
18 month project hire
Support deal analysis and post-sale deal management for U.S. on-demand clients (AVOD, SVOD):
• Support TWDC's US sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to US on-demand clients (AVOD, SVOD), both pre-sale and post-sale.
• Administer and manage all such deals post-entry, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, invoices
• Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for Burbank senior management, audits, finance
• Track options, MFNs, deal expirations
• Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
• Assist legal with guild and participation audits
Provide the availabilities and support licensing of all content to U.S. D :
• Provide accurate and timely availability of all content (long form feature films, Disney originals, episodic content, promos, bonus, interstitials, etc.) for Disney , respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
• Work closely with the ABC/Disney/NatGeo linear channel programming teams to clear any third party licenses.
• Attention to detail and well organized
• Good communication skills verbal and written
• Excel experience
• Minimum 1 year in the media & entertainment industry strongly preferred
• Minimum 1 years of direct experience with media distribution strongly preferred
• Preferred experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
• Preferred experience with contractual drafting, analysis
• Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.