Contingent Workforce Manager
The Walt Disney Company Ltd.London, UK
Full Time Job
We have an opportunity for a Contingent Workforce Manager for the UK, to join our team, here at The Walt Disney Company.
Based in our EMEA Corporate Head office in Hammersmith, this key role is responsible for planning and oversight of the Contingent Workforce Management operation.
Disney's contingent workforce is our 'non-employees' (Agency Workers, Contractors, Vendor Workers).
This role will provide best-in-class service to leaders, contingent workers, contractors and vendors, including taking and filling orders, managing the contingent order life cycle, resolving problems, and utilizing data to inform decision making and ultimately delivering an engaging and responsive candidate and hiring leader experience.
Some key responsibilities of the role
• Build relationships with key Contingent Workforce Management users and stakeholders within Disney businesses to understand business strategies and objectives in order to ensure all contingent worker requirements are met.
• Collaborate with hiring leaders and vendors to source, recruit, interview, evaluate and place highly skilled contingent workers into the business
• Process and fill requisitions by managing the contingent order life cycle in a timely manner, fully utilizing the company's vendor management system.
• Manage vendors including expert sourcing, thorough assessment/screening and presentation of candidates. Provide vendors with ample feedback and direction to ensure success.
• Assist in activating, onboarding, extending and deactivating workers, including in SAP and IQN systems
• Provide advice and influence to appropriate decision makers regarding compliance, process, and best practices related to the contingent workforce.
• Communicate in a timely manner to provide desired information for managers, contingent workers, vendors, and contractors.
• Along with CWM & TA leadership, seek counsel from Legal and/or Employee Relations as appropriate to manage HR issues with contingent workforce.
• Ensure full compliance with Agency Workers Regulations.
• Manage Disney's third party payroll solutions
• Accountable for ensuring workers are correctly categorized and escalating any high risk scenarios to Legal/Tax/HR.
• Assess contractors against IR35 criteria (from April 2020) and communicate decisions with the business
• Leverage the Disney Brand, Internal Networks and the Talent Acquisition Team to build talent pipelines for future roles
• Work with the Talent Acquisition team to share best practice in candidate experience / other relevant projects to aid our ability to attract and recruit talent
• Ensure a first class candidate experience, irrelevant of tenure of contract
• Ample demonstrable temporary recruitment experience ideally from both agency and in-house environments.
• Proven experience of end to end recruitment process including ideally on boarding and induction
• Experience dealing with freelancers, ideally within the Film & TV industry, would be advantageous
• Awareness of contractual agreements for different types of workers
• Proven experience of influencing and persuading at all levels both internal clients and external suppliers
• Strong consultative and strategic capabilities, both with internal clients/colleagues and external vendors.
• Solid ability to command the attention and respect of hiring managers, HRBPs and vendors through expertise, collaboration, influence and communication
• Ability to effectively utilize recruitment systems and technology (ATS / HRIS / Vendor Management System)
• Experience in a US owned / multinational business is beneficial but not essential
• Experience of working in a highly matrixed organization would be helpful for success.
• Efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize and effectively accomplish high volume of work requiring detail-orientation.
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills with proven ability to contribute in a team environment
• Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, and ability to balance autonomous work and team engagement
• High standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow up skills.
• Ability to problem solve and work proactively to anticipate issues
• Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.