Supervisor, Health & Safety
The Traveling LabNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Supervisor, Health & Safety (PH)
The Supervisor, Health & Safety will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented onstage and backstage working in conjunction with COVID Safety Supervisors on each production. The individual will report to the Manager, Health & Safety (aka Manager, Production Operations) and the Director, Production Operations. This is a six month project position.
• Working with Manager, Health & Safety on onboarding and training of COVID Safety Supervisors for each DTG production
• Collaborating with Production Operations Department on the development of COVID Safety Protocols and Training materials
• Establishing and managing testing vendor relationship in conjunction with onsite COVID Safety Supervisor
• Partnering with onsite COVID Safety Supervisors on rostering and management of COVID testing of all cast/crew
• Conducting COVID Safety training sessions as necessary
• Developing communication plans including safety briefings, health updates, memos
• Serving as Incident Commander and coordinating with Disney ER to implement positive/suspected case management and contact tracing
• Planning and overseeing the ordering and distribution of supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
• Working closely with Production Operations Department to research new testing technology as well as new trends and best practices in COVID prevention and safety
• Working with Manager, Health & Safety, and onsite COVID Safety Supervisors on social distancing protocols for all applicable work spaces
• Staying up-to-date on and track current federal, state and local COVID guidelines and protocols
• Assisting with the creation of approved signage and awareness campaigns
• Drafting plans for scheduled cleaning/sanitation for all production sites
• Providing support to and acting as substitute for onsite COVID Safety Supervisors as needed for both Broadway and National Tour productions
• Underlying knowledge of production logistics in TV, Film, or Theater, preferably as a Stage Manager, Crew, Production Assistant or Production Manager/Technical Director
• Working knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations
• Ability to quickly adapt to varying work environments and new responsibilities
• Strong pro-active work ethic
• Willingness to escalate issues to the Manager, Production Operations
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management, and scheduling
• Ability to communicate with diverse communities in an empathetic and effective manner to maintain policy/protocol with company members
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
• Driven to problem solve and implement creative solutions
• Willingness to work on a show schedule (Monday – Saturday, evenings, etc) as needed
• Willingness to travel on tour for up to a few weeks at a time as needed
• Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace
• Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required
• Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Desire to continue development of safety education, technical skills and industry knowledge.
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world's most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year's Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.