Junior Publicist, Multicultural
The Traveling LabBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/4/2022 2:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Junior Publicist, Multicultural jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Junior Publicist, Multicultural postings
Full Time Job
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
• Responsible for day to day support to Director of Multicultural
• Proven robust AA AAPI publicity/marketing experience
• Established relationships with AA press, influencers, marketing organizations and thought leaders in the media space
• Work with team members on key messaging, publicity opportunities and culturally resonant beats on each campaign
• Exhibit professional, timely communication with key executives across multiple LOBs and with partners to ensure goals are met.
• Manage press invitations on behalf of press days, junkets, activations, screenings
• Responsible for covering talent appearances, working events and premieres.
• Support junket and press day planning and execution on behalf of multicultural press
• Coordinate influencer vetting with digital teams and maintain influencer lists
• Liaise with multicultural agencies for any needed assets and pending report deadlines
• Daily update of all necessary communications documents (Campaign Highlights Report, Publicity Reports, Calendars, Clip Charts, Talent Schedules, etc.) and distribute in a timely manner to key executives.
• PGS / GSS entry support for all press days and events
• Respond and navigate multicultural inquiries from partners and press on titles where agency is not hired
• Oversee extensive multicultural activation program asset deliveries for all events/screenings
• Work on agency promo item /approvals/distribution
• Create and update ongoing database for multicultural press and influencers
• Update screening attendance memos and gather reactions for multicultural press
• Communicate with multicultural press on a regular basis
• Vast knowledge of the ongoing multicultural zeitgeist, informed about the cultural conversation and trends
• Robust network of relationships with multicultural press, partners and influencers
• Experience in multicultural marketing and publicity
• The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail
• Ability to be a strong cross functional partner to multiple teams
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with executives and business unit contacts
• Detail oriented with superior organization skills
• Strong team player and self-starter; taking initiative to solve problems
• Creatively driven, genuinely passionate about entertainment, storytelling and pop culture
• Proficient verbal/written
• A desire to learn and grow within the entertainment PR field
This is a Union Role
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.