Publicity Events & Marketing Covid Compliance H&S Director
The Traveling LabBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Covid Compliance Health & Safety Director, Marketing & Publicity Events
The Health and Safety Director is a global role overseeing marketing and post-production activities. This role is responsible for working with Studio Marketing and Operations executives to properly plan for and staff the Health and Safety (H&S) team for their activities and events. Additionally, they will provide day to day leadership for the on-the-ground teams supporting these activities. This position will be responsible for working with studio executives and the TWDC safety organization to define and refine not only the role of the Health and Safety team, but to consistently update and enhance TWDS restart protocols.
• Lead the H&S Teams supporting Marketing and Post-Production activities globally
• Provide day to day leadership for the H&S including feedback, coaching and ongoing support
• Establish strong relationship and partnership with all Studio executives
• Define the roles of the H&S team within each event and activity
• Onboard and train all new H&S team members and ensure they are set up for success within each production
• Manage staffing needs and coordinate the movement of team members as needed
• Facilitate additional and ongoing update training with H&S to ensure all updated protocols are incorporated in to each show.
• Create and maintain overall H&S operating guides to ensure future events and activities have a road map to success
• Liaison with sourcing on testing vendor issues and for future testing needs and volume
• Provide back up support for Manager, Health and Safety on an as needed basis
• High degree of sound, independent judgment and capability to lead a professional and innovative, world class H&S Team
• Experience in assisting or leading/managing, complex issues within an events environment
• 5-plus years of management experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and accountability
• Proven ability to work with, influence, manage, and/or lead others in a complex and diverse work environment.
• Strong project management skills
• Highly ethical and professional, with demonstrated ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound, well considered decisions in stressful situations
• Demonstrated positive behaviors and attitudes in seeking solutions and outcomes
• Familiarity with safety and health standards and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.