Spring Intern - Grants and Fundraising
The Stolen Children DocumentaryRemote, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Grants and Fundraising jobs in Remote-CA
Search all Spring Intern - Grants and Fundraising postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Spring Intern - Grants and Fundraising? This is a remote internship! You do not need to reside in Los Angeles to apply and be considered.
The Stolen Children Film, a feature length documentary on adoption in Cambodia, seeks part-time grants & fundraising interns for approximately 3 hours per week (hours may vary based on schedule and grant calendar). The Stolen Children Film focuses on socially-conscious themes including social issues, adoption, culture, and Asian identity. Our grant & proposal interns will work closely together to research applicable grants and write proposals for said grants. This Spring 2021 internship session will be held online from January 25, 2021 - May 7, 2021.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and organized, able to prioritize tasks and work quickly and efficiently in a deadline-oriented environment. Prior experience with grant writing or relevant development/funding experience is a plus; must have excellent writing and analytical skills and a basic familiarity with the financial and budgetary requirements of standard grant applications. The candidate should be able to develop an understanding of The Stolen Children Film's core missions and values, and present them in appealing, accurate and concise ways. Must exercise keen judgment, discretion, and diplomacy. Must be able to think critically and be flexible to time-sensitive situations as they arise.
· Conduct prospect research for grants applicable to the company
· Develop and write grant proposals, narratives, and Letters of Intent for the project, persuasively communicating the project's missions and initiatives in order to secure funding (please note this may include the project's financial information)
· Prepare grant proposals, reports, and other necessary documentation to funders as required
· Research and prepare profiles for foundations, corporations, and individual funders as needed
· Maintain records for submission deadlines, renewals, and reporting
· Communicate by email, phone, and letter with potential funders where necessary, including but not limited to responding to requests for information and submitting official letters of inquiry
· Develop and assist in execution of fundraising initiatives, including working with donation platform GoFundMe
· All work will be done remotely and schedule is flexible, but a willingness to be ''on call'' at various times is a plus
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate outcomes and to interpret and present program and financial information
- Able to take independent initiative
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Effectively plan workload and follows through to completion - High level of proficiency using Microsoft word and Google Docs - Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.