Intern - Marketing and Distribution
The Stolen Children DocumentaryLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/2/2021 3:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Marketing and Distribution jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Intern - Marketing and Distribution postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Marketing and Distribution?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Stolen Children Film, a feature length documentary on adoption in Cambodia, seeks two part-time marketing & distribution interns for approximately 3 hours per week (hours may vary based on schedule and calendar). The Stolen Children Film focuses on socially-conscious themes including social issues, adoption, culture, and Asian identity. Our marketing & distribution interns will work closely together to research and distribute various marketing strategies for the film. This Summer 2021 internship session will be held online from June 1, 2021 - August 15, 2021.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and organized, able to prioritize tasks and work quickly and efficiently in a deadline-oriented environment. Prior experience with marketing or relevant advertising development experience is a plus; must have excellent writing and analytical skills and a basic familiarity with the financial and budgetary requirements of standard grant applications. The candidate should be able to develop an understanding of The Stolen Children Film's core missions and values, and present them in appealing, accurate and concise ways. Must exercise keen judgment, discretion, and diplomacy. Must be able to think critically and be flexible to time-sensitive situations as they arise.
- Conduct prospect research for independent film festivals for distribution
- Develop and write emails to send to mentors in order to assist filmmakers for further
- Research and prepare profiles for foundations, corporations, and individual funders as
- Maintain records for festival submission deadlines, renewals, and reporting
- Work closely with core production team to help develop marketing strategies upon the
- Communicate by email, phone, and letter with potential funders where necessary,
including but not limited to responding to requests for information and submitting official
letters of inquiry
- All work will be done remotely and schedule is flexible, but a willingness to be ''on call'' at
various times is a plus
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate outcomes and to interpret and present program and financial
- Able to take independent initiative