Director Of Talent Relations
The SpringHill CompanyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2023 10:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director Of Talent Relations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Of Talent Relations postings
Full Time Job
The SpringHill Company is looking for a Director of Talent Relations that will be responsible for working alongside the Senior Director of Talent Relations across all talent - inclusive of musicians, directors, athletes, artists, actors, influencers, etc. The successful candidate will support TSHC's mission and values by proactively fostering relationships with talent, partnering with internal cross-functional teams, and leading insight mining and development related to the talent that will help support getting to best-in-class partnerships and work. This role is primarily dedicated to working within Robot, The SpringHill Company's brand consultancy arm, to provide talent strategy insights, lead talent booking efforts, and support the execution of client activations. Driving overall talent strategy for Robot's brand partners is an essential aspect of this role. Additionally, you'll work closely with publicists, managers, and agents. The ideal candidate will be an adept problem solver with a proven track record of leading talent relations within sports and entertainment, and have a complete understanding of how to meet talent and client expectations.
Senior Director of Talent Relations
• Demonstrate extensive insight on how: 1. Athletes tick; 2. Their day-to-day lives differ from those of non-athletes; 3. Individual career journeys inform their personal brands both on- and off-the-court
• Collaborate with the Robot team to devise impactful, talent-driven strategies and creative ideas that deliver on client goals, while reflecting swift capitalization on deep athlete lifestyle perception
• Negotiate directly with talent and talent management teams to agree upon terms on clients' behalf
• Work with TSHC legal and finance teams to align on specific deal terms and fee(s) pre-sale, facilitating the process from the sourcing and outreach phase to contract execution. In addition, responsible for representing TSHC as necessary in resulting future negotiations on behalf of the client.
• Serve as the key POC for all ongoing talent/client relationships, including but not limited to strategic activation proposals, IRL appearances, shoots, capsule collabs, and additional ad-hoc opportunities
• Maintain talent and management relationships during and beyond the scope of services, ensuring everyone feels a part of the TSHC family, not part of a transaction. This will include specific production days, as well as evergreen upkeep.
• Maintain strict confidentiality when dealing with talent relations
• Establish, maintain, and nurture relationships within all relevant communities to attract key talent.
• Pitch, manage and update talent trackers and documents on a weekly basis
• Must be willing and available to travel both domestically and internationally, when required
• 8 years in Entertainment Talent Management or similar
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Must be impeccable in building trust with talent, including having the maturity and honesty to frame business realities and needs when needed.
• An established track record of outstanding judgment in fast-paced, high-profile environments, particularly in dealing with time-sensitive, confidential, and/or controversial matters
• Adept at fostering and managing client relationships
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written & verbal), and presentation skills
• A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
• Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
• Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize key business needs from a Talent perspective.
• Excellent communications and relationship skills
$130,000 - $145,000 a year
The SpringHill Company (TSHC) believes that each team member contributes significantly to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.