The Secret LabBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/6/2021 9:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Story Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Story Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Story Artist?
Full Time Job
We at Walt Disney Animation Studios value the power of a well-woven story and strive to push the limits of animation with every film we make. And we want you to join our legacy!
We're currently looking for passionate Story Artists to bring your unique voice to our filmmaking, help us impact audiences worldwide, and personally elevate our emotional storytelling to new and entertaining heights.
What We Want From You!
• To inspire and support your fellow artists
• To inclusively contribute to the creative explorations and discussions in our story rooms
• To flexibly collaborate across a variety of projects spanning features, shorts, Parks & Resorts, and Disney content
• Brainstorm ideas to develop visual sequences
• Collaborate alongside our films' Directors, Heads of Story, and cross-departmental artists
• Further the structure and theme of a film
• Add emotion and humor to the story's needs
• Maximize entertainment value
To apply, you must upload a portfolio and a resume consisting of continuity sequences of your storyboard work.
Portfolios must be formatted as any of the following:
• a multipage PDF file, with each board as its own page so we can click through your sequences board by board (you can upload via a GoogleDrive link)
• Website with sequences in slideshow format
• video-sharing link (Youtube/Vimeo)
• Strong drawing skills, ability to work digitally preferred
• Ability to create emotion, humor, appeal, and action through continuity boards; emphasis in uniquely subtle, dramatic acting preferred
• Understanding of cinematic staging and cutting
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Professional experience on multiple Feature Films, Television Series, Comics, or Games as a Story Artist
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.