The Secret LabBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Animation Studios has been combining the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Department Secretary (OPEIU) to join the team at our Burbank, CA Studio.
Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Associate Producer and PMs. Partners with Secretarial Office Manager to provide support in a wide range of projects; directs all assistant-related workflow on the production including, but not limited to, answering and screening calls, maintaining show and vacation calendars, scheduling meetings and travel arrangements, meeting and presentation preparation, opening and distributing mail, ordering supplies, maintaining files, preparing expense reports, typing correspondence, photocopying, shipping materials and supporting departmental projects. This position will be responsible for coordinating and organizing various events, catering, screenings, and offsites as well as accounting-driven aspects. Assist in the development of the production aliases and internal website; keeping content updated and current. Help to maintain the show's conference room, Shot and Asset Boards, including Shotgun pages and/or other Google Docs. Facilitate communication for crew on boarding and move planning. Facilitate show initiatives with Studio departments.
• As the face of the production office, must be mature, professional and demonstrate positive energy
• Minimum 2 years administrative support experience, preferably in a Production environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Calendar and Google Docs
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills; effective communicator
• Ability to work with and be sensitive to confidential information
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
• Ability to manage up to several different supervisors
• Must be a detail-oriented, proactive problem-solver with creative instincts and business sense
• Must be able to do some physical work, including lifting and carrying books and boxes
• Proven knowledge of Walt Disney Company policies and procedures
• SAP experience
• Knowledge of animation or digital production process
This position falls within the jurisdiction of the OPEIU collective bargaining agreement.
Walt Disney Animation Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.