Lead Editor, Tiana Long Form Series
The Secret LabUrbank, CA
Full Time Job
Join the Tiana Long-form Series Team at Walt Disney Animation Studios!
We are excited to continue the story of ''The Princess and the Frog'' in our upcoming long-form musical Disney series. ''Tiana'' follows the newly crowned Princess of Maldonia as she sets off for a grand new adventure, but a calling to her New Orleans past isn't far behind. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Editor to lead the Tiana Series editorial team; reporting to VP Post Production.
• Accountable to the Director for the final edited version of the animated long form series title.
• Makes decisions regarding pacing, acting, dialogue, sound effects that determine the quality and delivery of the final animated long form series title.
• Makes decisions with the Supervising Music editor on choice of temp music and timing of the music during production
• Directs the editing and fine tuning of component parts of the series including conveying a story with the rhythm, emotional beats and overall pacing that reflect and enhance the Director's vision
• Ensures a consistent look and sound to the series
• Considers and determines the balance and trade-offs of the series' final quality with schedule, costs and workflows
• Oversees correct presentation of editorial-related materials related to the series including story reel and internal production screenings
• Oversees continuity of scenes and episodes breaks
• Accountable for on budget delivery of approved cut of the series on hand over date to production or a vendor
• SCOPE: Top production / artistic / technical leader on a production.
• Accountable to the Director for major outcomes of the production(s). Serves as a key member of the production's leadership team.
• CREATIVE / TECHNICAL DIRECTION: Helps create or enhance the Director's vision.
• Leader of the editorial staff in their development and career growth, as well as successful operation of the department
• Responsible with VP Post Production for the casting off their staff
Screening and Mix Duties:
• Supervises temp mix sessions making sure sound quality is at the highest quality for all screenings
• Oversees incorporation of changes resulting from a production screening
• Attends and participates in the note sessions with Directors and brain trust committee
Post Production Duties:
• Responsible for feeding the Production and Post Production operations and allow timely processes
• Supervises final mixes
• ASSIGNMENT OF WORK: Sets objectives for direct reports and ensures their ongoing development. Oversees the development and deployment of staff and approves performance reviews.
• Is a proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
• 5 years of experience on a Feature or short/long form Series, in a Lead Editorial or Associate role capacity
• Advance technical knowledge of AVID Media Composer
• Understanding of Animation pre-production, production and post production processes
• Bachelor's Degree in Film, Digital Media, related field or equivalent work experience
This is an IATSE Local 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.