Animation Studios - Story Intern, Summer
The Secret LabBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2021 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Animation Studios - Story Intern, Summer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Animation Studios - Story Intern, Summer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Animation Studios - Story Intern, Summer? Job Summary:
The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your talents could translate into the world of animation? Walt Disney Animation Studios' Internship Program immerses you within the artistry, technology, and teams behind animated films like Frozen 2, Moana, and Zootopia. Through hands-on mentorship, seminars, craft development and team projects, discover how you can be a part of a studio that has created timeless stories that have touched generations.
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a 12 week paid experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. The 2021 Summer Intern program begins May 2021. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
The deadline for applications is January 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Story Internship
Story Artists translate story ideas into visual sequences. They convey the essence of storyline, scene structure, and character emotion while creating action and humor in alignment with the film. By working with other members of the production team, they will develop the concepts for cinematography and staging, choosing initial camera placement and angles, defining action and camera movement. This program is intended to provide you an immersive look into this creative process while pairing you with mentors from our talented Story department.
• REQUIRED: To submit portfolio of storyboard sequences:
• In submitting your portfolio, sequences MUST be presented in a slideshow format that allows us to click through your boards one story panel at a time
• Animatics submitted as video-sharing links such as Youtube or Vimeo will be accepted.
• NO other formats will be accepted
• Versatile range of character-driven story sequences preferred. Showcase a variety of genres and emotions including: comedy, action, romance, suspense, drama, musical
• Sequences do not need to be a full film in length but should have a clear beginning, middle, and end
• We would like to see:
• Strong understanding of emotional acting and entertainment value
• Strong gestural drawing, the ability to draw very loosely and roughly yet with clarity in character appeal and acting
• Strong understanding of cinematography and narrative staging with visually clear shot flow applied throughout work
• Observational Drawings/Sketchbook samples
• Character moments, comics, and/or caricatures helpful
Am I Eligible?
• 18 years or older
• Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent)
We are committed to providing mentorship and development to emerging talent. We encourage all eligible applicants to apply, including those individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of Animation, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
• Create or update your profile and apply online
• Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
• Portfolio in PDF and/or website
Deadline for applications is January 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.