Director Of Culture and Edi
The RefinerySherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
Director of Culture and EDI (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion)
We are seeking an outgoing, positive and results-oriented leader to drive our commitment to making our company more diverse, and enhancing our culture of belonging. This newly created position's mission is to ensure all voices are valued, people feel connected, everyone is empowered to do their best work and to ensure we're having some fun too!
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in the Los Angeles area. We work with all of the major studios creating campaigns for movies, TV and streaming content. Our core team values are Driven, Kind, Ego-free, Client-focused and Talented.
This position will have exposure to all levels, including the executive leadership team, who are dedicated to change. Additionally, managing learning & development offerings to drive personal and professional growth is another key component of this opportunity.
Qualifications for this opportunity include:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a hands-on leadership role in an EDI, Learning & Development or People role, preferably in a creative environment
• Dynamic written and verbal communication skills that promotes team members to participate in the EDI mission through education and other activities
• Capability to execute multiple projects concurrently, including tracking insights and reporting on success and challenges
• Hands-on experience leading cultural initiatives such as engagement surveys and company events
• Review and enhance all aspects of the employee life cycle from the interview, to on-boarding, to training programs, and performance management programs
• Bonus points for certifications in diversity, training, organizational development and/or HR
Our team members describe our culture 'like a family'. We celebrate everything together – from birthdays to Black History and Pride months to National Donut Day! Our highly competitive Halloween costume contest continued virtually this past year and didn't disappoint. We've also organized some great virtual events including a sunflower-growing contest, poker and trivia nights, and Zoom yoga and meditation.
Competitive salary with a full benefit package (i.e., health insurance, paid time off, matched 401k) is offered.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.