The RefinerySherman Oaks, CA
Assistant Editor (Freelance or Full Time)
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, A/V and print campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content.
First off, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values – Refiners are driven, kind, ego-free, client-focused and talented. In addition, even when our clients change their minds – we don't ever quit. With most employees working virtually, we have continued to maintain a corporate culture in which caring for each other remains a top priority. We still celebrate everything – from birthdays to our Halloween costume contest to National Donut Day!
for this role include:
• Minimum 2 years hands-on experience meeting the meticulous requirements of finishing client projects for theatrical, broadcast and digital creative content
• Experience in all aspects of Assistant Editorial: from footage breakdowns, pulling VFX and Graphics lists, to making audio and picture finishing preps for in-house and third parties
• Demonstrable detailed knowledge of integrating graphics, effects, music, voiceover and other nuances of A/V post-production
• Hands-on experience at another A/V trailer house strongly preferred
• Intermediate to advanced expertise in Adobe Premiere and bonus points for hands-on Avid knowledge
• You must play very well with others, maintain calm in the storm, and be able to meet tight deadlines
• Potential desire to transition to regular full-time employment, if we both feel it is a match
This freelance position is Full Time and Onsite.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.