Assistant Editor / Sound Mixer
The RefinerySherman Oaks, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2023 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Assistant Editor / Sound Mixer jobs in Sherman Oaks-CA
Search all Assistant Editor / Sound Mixer postings
Full Time Job
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, A/V and print campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content.
First off, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values â€'' Refiners are talented, kind, client-focused, ego-free and passionate. With most employees working virtually, we have continued to maintain a corporate culture in which caring for each other remains a top priority. We still celebrate everything â€'' from birthdays to our Halloween costume contest to National Donut Day! Whether you work remotely, come to the office on occasion, or prefer to work onsite, you'll feel like part of the team.
Enough about us, here's what we're looking for:
• Have the passion and ability to mix in Avid Pro Tools and output mixing deliverables to spec.
• Understand basic audio deliverables and specs (LKFS, True Peak, Mono, Stereo, etc.)
• Clean up and edit dialogue and sound effects tracks.
• Help to maintain audio mixing equipment.
• Troubleshoot any technical issues that arise during the audio mixing process.
AE Responsibilities: (Training Will Be Provided)
• You will prepare projects for finishing, in-house and out-of-house while maintaining precision.
• Prepare footage requests, shot lists, scripts, and other documents related to the finishing process
• Identify and flag potential issues with media and projects in finishing to the Post Manager / Coordinator
• Import, organize and create selects when requested
• Build and proxy media with proper stems for Editors
• Prepare and transcode ingested media for editors and graphics
• Manage and log incoming and outgoing hard drives to and from clients in NeoFinder.
• Post pieces for clients and producers, including needed viewable copies, QC process, uploading; note any concerns to Post Manager / Coordinator and producers
• Minimum 2 years hands-on experience meeting the requirements of audio re-recording mixing
• Experience and/or willingness to learn all aspects of Assistant Editorial: from footage breakdowns, pulling VFX and Graphics lists, to making audio and picture finishing preps for in-house and third parties
• Hands-on experience mixing trailers, commercials, and/or other short form content
• Intermediate to advanced expertise in Adobe Premiere and Avid Pro Tools
This position is hybrid, with onsite in Sherman Oaks, CA.
$46,000 - 61,000 USD
Rate offered will be dependent on factors such as one's qualifications, years of relevant experience and skillset. If your requirements fall outside of the stated pay range, we still encourage you to apply.
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Lifestyle Reimbursement Account
• Volunteer Time Off
• Continuing Education Program
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.