Principal, Impact Entertainment
The Raben GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What We Need:
We seek a Principal to join Raben's Impact Entertainment practice group in our Los Angeles, CA office primarily as an impact campaign strategist leading The Raben Group's entertainment-centric client teams and engagements. Principals serve as subject-matter experts, leveraging their contextual knowledge, leadership abilities, and the tactical skills to advance the strategic mission and vision of The Raben Group and further the development and success of our Impact Entertainment practice group in providing excellent client services and engaging prospective clients.
A successful candidate will have a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, intellectual engagement in impact entertainment, and a concierge-like approach to client services.
• Client Management: Works directly with and successfully serves a broad range of clients, generating impact and raves. Leads or contributes to strategy, responds to requests, manages implementation, and coordinates various aspects of service delivery.
• Impact Strategy: Develop, implement, and monitor strategic and tactical impact campaign plans for film, TV, theater, music, books, the arts, and other issue-driven content on behalf of The Raben Group's clients within the entertainment space.
• Impact Campaign Management: Oversee the execution of project management and tactics, including supervision, management and mentoring of support staff, either independently, or in coordination with client team leads. Additionally, liaise with key partners essential to the successful implementation of impact strategies.
• Business Development: Generate revenue for the firm, either through business development or direct client service, at levels that enable vibrant investment in support staff, internal systems, and change-driving campaigns. This includes proactively building and nurturing a diverse network of relationships, conducting conflict check on potential new clients and generating proposal or scopes of work for potential clients while navigating the process to contract.
• Marketing and Messaging: Use a grassroots approach to guide or support clients through strategic messaging for public engagement, branding initiatives, and project manage outsourced creative design.
• Content Curation: Serve as the final gateway for social impact collateral to include drafts and/or edit press releases, opinion editorials, media advisories, website and social media content, reports, memos, surveys, presentations, and other public relations content and collateral.
• Event Management: Assist in the planning, coordination, and staffing of events, convenings, conference calls, trainings, panels, etc., including venue logistics, registrations, and on-site support. Build awareness and excitement around client events and engagements.
• Contribute to the organizational goals of the firm's Impact Entertainment practice area.
• Supports the internal life of the firm, including participating in internal meetings, completing necessary administrative responsibilities, contributing to firm culture, actively demonstrating the firm's values, and exhibiting a level of personal leadership expected of a senior leader.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 10+ years of relevant industry experience, to include at least 6 years experience working in the entertainment industry, preferably on issue and/or mission driven projects.
• Thorough understanding of the entertainment landscape, as well as experience using story, art, and/or film to engage audiences and further social change.
• Experience interacting with senior leaders in the sectors of relevance and maintaining peer to peer relationships with opinion-makers.
• Ability to develop and implement social impact campaign strategies.
• A collaborative and relationship-building mindset.
• Strong writing, layout, and editing skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are a non-negotiable requirement. Candidates must have the demonstrable ability to quickly produce clear, compelling written collateral.
• Ability to thrive and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrable project management skills across multiple assignments with many moving parts.
• Prior event coordination experience preferred.
• Retains a sense of humor.
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity and inclusiveness in everything we do.
The Raben Group is a national public policy and strategic communications firm committed to opening the doors of power and influence for lasting inclusive change. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make our nation greater by helping to shift public policy in a sensible, humane direction. We work intimately with policymakers and influencers in the nonprofit, corporate, entertainment, media, philanthropic, and government sectors to identify shared interests, forge new connections, tackle our country's most intractable problems, and uplift new generations of leaders and activists.
Now at 18-years-old and 75 staff strong with offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Los Angeles, El Paso, and Cleveland, we are proudly majority people of color, majority women, and a certified LGBT Business Enterprise, affording us a unique perspective on public policy work and imbuing us with the urgency that comes from knowing all too well why this work matters. Spend time with us and you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in just about all we do… and a sense of humor is a contractual must.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online