Grounds Crew Staff
The PhilliesClearwater, FL
Full Time Job
The Groundskeeper is responsible for supporting, assisting, and executing daily field maintenance operations at BayCare Ballpark and/or Carpenter Complex for all programming including but not limited to Spring Training, Minor League Class A and Complex League Championship Seasons, Florida Instructional League, winter baseball activities/mini camps, Phillies Phantasy Camp, and Special Events.
• Assist in the general maintenance of all playing surfaces to Major League standards, including all side bullpens, mounds, Indoor Training Facility turf/clay, and surrounding common areas.
• General duties to include but not limited to mowing, turf repair, trimming, edging, mound repair, field preparation/lining, and general maintenance of all clay areas.
• Assist in the timing and set-up of all baseball activity as directed by The Phillies on-field personnel.
• Assist with chemical treatment to all fields.
• Assist with field maintenance for all non-baseball activities.
• Assist with tarp pulls.
• Performs work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
• Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have working knowledge and experience with irrigation systems maintenance and repair.
• Ability to obtain a Florida pesticide license within 6 months of employment.
• Must have the ability to operate and/or lift heavy machinery and field equipment.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
• Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to adapt to and work in various adverse weather conditions.
• Must be able to interact professionally with a variety of team personnel, visiting MLB affiliates, and local municipalities
• Previous baseball field maintenance is preferred.
• 2 to 4-year degree in turf management or other related field preferred.