Grounds Crew Staff
The PhilliesClearwater, FL
Part Time Job
The Groundskeeper is responsible for assisting in all aspects of daily field operations and maintenance of multiple playing surfaces at BayCare Ballpark and/or Carpenter Complex for all baseball activities including but not limited to Spring Training, Minor League Class A and Complex League Seasons, Florida Instructional League, winter/off-season baseball activities/mini camps, Phantasy Camp, and Special Events.
• General duties to include but not limited to mowing, edging, infield clay work, mound/home plate repair, and tarp pulls.
• Batting practice set-up and break-down.
• Pre- and post-game preparation and repair.
• Performs work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
• Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have the ability to operate and/or lift heavy machinery and field equipment.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
• Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to adapt to and work in various adverse weather conditions.
• Must be able to interact professionally with a variety of team personnel, visiting MLB affiliates, and local municipalities.
• Previous baseball field maintenance is preferred.
• 2 to 4-year degree in turf management or other related field preferred