VP, Human Resources
The Paley Center for MediaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/30/2021 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for VP, Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Human Resources postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Human Resources?
Full Time Job
The Paley Center for Media seeks a VP, Human Resources who will provide executive-level leadership and management to the Paley Center's HR operations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer & EVP Operations, this individual plays a key role in continuing, developing, and implementing strategies that advance Paley's efforts to be a high-performance organization that is fueled by a skilled, engaged, and diverse workforce, and a vibrant and inclusive culture. The VP, Human Resources will oversee the development and implementation of HR strategies and functions that support Paley's mission, culture, and values.
The VP, Human Resources is responsible for the day-to-day HR activities of the organization, including employee relations, employee engagement, recruiting, compliance, benefits, performance management, and people reporting strategies. They will work collaboratively with the rest of the team to ensure a culture that promotes a high-level of employee experience and engagement through the effective delivery of all HR services.
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams.
• Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously.
• Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills.
• Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
• Identify best practices and implement a scalable, cohesive HR strategy and infrastructure
• Design and embed Paley's policies around its stated values with a focus on employee engagement & retention, learning & development, benefits planning & administration and employee satisfaction and compliance matters
• Partner with the Executive Team to review strategy and make recommendations for best practices to attract and retain the high-quality talent
• Manage Talent Acquisition to find, recommend and hire the best candidates in the marketplace
• Engage staff on employee relations matters, cultural initiatives and day-to-day process development and improvement to provide a work environment free from bias and conducive to success
• Serve as an effective business partner to all department heads which includes assisting managers with communication and coaching with respect to performance management, team development and employee relations
• Review and develop benefit options including; retirement/403b, time off policies, parental leave plans, wellness and reward programs that are competitive, comprehensive and well-utilized
• Provide guidance on complex employee relations issues and partner with Paley's employment counsel when necessary
• Ensure Paley's policies and procedures are compliant with all employment laws and regulatory requirements, analyzing and proposing measures to mitigate key risks, working with Paley's employment counsel when necessary
• Partner with Finance on managing manpower planning and associated compensation to budget
• Well-versed in industry news and trends, with the ability to translate these into opportunities and strategies to meet emerging needs, maintain compliance, and mitigate risk
• Participate in other projects as assigned.
• Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in impactful HR roles including leadership of the function
• Experience in successfully operating in a matrixed organization with integrated relationships and providing HR consultation to senior leadership
• Proven ability to successfully build, lead and develop teams
• Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations in the US
• Effective with data-driven analysis and reporting
• Ability to make critical decisions that serve the best interests of the organization and reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
• Experience with HRIS and ATS systems. Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now a plus.
• BA in Human Resources or allied field required. MBA and/or SPHR a plus.
ABOUT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive - including special African-American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ collections - and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, innovations, personalities and leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.