Director, Corporate Partnerships
The Paley Center for MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Paley Center seeks an experienced, technically savvy, and strategic development professional to secure sponsorships for all Paley programs and to build our corporate membership program. Programs include Festivals such as PaleyFest, the nation's premiere television festival, which takes place each year in New York and Los Angeles, PaleyFest Fall TV Previews, PaleyLive series and other celebrity panel discussions, the annual Paley Honors experiences (galas and luncheon), Exhibits, Patron and President Circle and other member events, Industry programs such as PaleyDialogues, Next Big Thing Series, and the Paley International Council Summit, and PaleyImpact series that include our continued commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Qualified candidates must have solid relationships with senior-level decision makers and possess a proven track record of prospecting, developing and closing deals in a fast paced, sales environment.
• Research and identify companies to solicit for sponsorship of Paley Center events and programs
• Communicate the Paley Center's mission and programs with enthusiasm and make compelling cases for support to attract and secure corporate funders/sponsors
• Develop and create attractive sponsorship and marketing presentations and other new and innovative collateral for program support and corporate memberships in collaboration with Development, Creative Services, and Marketing staff
• Secure and lead face-to-face meetings and presentations with key decision makers by leveraging professional relationships and by identifying and cultivating new prospects
• Pitch, negotiate and close sponsorships and work with legal counsel though contract execution
• Work with the Vice President of Development to ensure the ongoing stewardship of corporate partners and ensure proper delivery on all promised benefits
• Increase corporate membership, from the media and other industries, and ensure that existing members experience the value of membership and renew
• Identify, create, and implement additional cultivation opportunities and events to increase involvement in our community
• Analyze industries and identify sponsorship trends
• Continuously develop and maintain strong relationships with top brand decision makers and their respective advertising agencies
• Handle execution and support other programs and projects as assigned by Paley executive team
• Will participate in other projects as assigned
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams
• Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously
• Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills
• Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
• A Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of senior-level sponsorship and development experience.
• Proven track record of success in pitching and closing sponsorships, including six and seven figure gifts
• Key relationships with senior executives, including chief marketing officers with national/regional brands and corporate social responsibility/philanthropy officers
• Ability to develop strong peer level relationships and to maximize introductions
• An understanding of event marketing and sponsorship sales and the activation process
• Thorough understanding of media / advertising buys to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Strategic thinker, action and goal-oriented, able to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential corporate partners' needs
• Proactive, with a strong work ethic, a self-starter
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bilingual in Spanish would be a plus
• Ability to work weekend and evening hours, including at donor and stewardship events, as needed.
ABOUT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
The Paley Center for Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.
Drawing upon its curatorial expertise, an international collection, and close relationships with the leaders of the media community, the Paley Center examines the intersections between media and society. The general public can access the Paley Archive - including special African-American, Hispanic, and LGBTQ collections - and participate in programs that explore and celebrate the creativity, innovations, personalities and leaders who are shaping media.
Through the global programs of its Media Council and International Council, the Paley Center also serves as a neutral setting where media professionals can engage in discussion and debate about the evolving media landscape.
Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio, the Paley Center was founded in 1975 by William S. Paley, a pioneering innovator in the industry.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.