Director, Corporate Partnerships
The Paley Center for MediaNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Director, Corporate Partnerships jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Corporate Partnerships postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Corporate Partnerships? SCOPE
The Paley Center seeks an experienced, technically savvy, and strategic development professional to secure sponsorships for all Paley programs and to build our corporate membership program. Programs include Festivals such as PaleyFest, the nation's premiere television festival, which takes place each year in New York and Los Angeles, PaleyFest Fall TV Previews, PaleyLive series and other celebrity panel discussions, the annual Paley Honors experiences (galas and luncheon), Exhibits, Patron and President Circle and other member events, Industry programs such as PaleyDialogues, Next Big Thing Series, and the Paley International Council Summit, and PaleyImpact series that include our continued commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Qualified candidates must have solid relationships with senior-level decision makers and possess a proven track record of prospecting, developing and closing deals in a fast paced, sales environment.
• Research and identify companies to solicit for sponsorship of Paley Center events and programs
• Communicate the Paley Center's mission and programs with enthusiasm and make compelling cases for support to attract and secure corporate funders/sponsors
• Develop and create attractive sponsorship and marketing presentations and other new and innovative collateral for program support and corporate memberships in collaboration with Development, Creative Services, and Marketing staff
• Secure and lead face-to-face meetings and presentations with key decision makers by leveraging professional relationships and by identifying and cultivating new prospects
• Pitch, negotiate and close sponsorships and work with legal counsel though contract execution
• Work with the Vice President of Development to ensure the ongoing stewardship of corporate partners and ensure proper delivery on all promised benefits
• Increase corporate membership, from the media and other industries, and ensure that existing members experience the value of membership and renew
• Identify, create, and implement additional cultivation opportunities and events to increase involvement in our community
• Analyze industries and identify sponsorship trends
• Continuously develop and maintain strong relationships with top brand decision makers and their respective advertising agencies
• Handle execution and support other programs and projects as assigned by Paley executive team
• Will participate in other projects as assigned
Our successful employees meet the following criteria:
• Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional teams
• Ability to take ownership of all tasks and manage simultaneously
• Outstanding verbal communication and superior business writing skills
• Positive and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, administrative and managerial skills
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving and research skills.
• A Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of senior-level sponsorship and development experience.
• Proven track record of success in pitching and closing sponsorships, including six and seven figure gifts
• Key relationships with senior executives, including chief marketing officers with national/regional brands and corporate social responsibility/philanthropy officers
• Ability to develop strong peer level relationships and to maximize introductions
• An understanding of event marketing and sponsorship sales and the activation process
• Thorough understanding of media / advertising buys to communicate value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
• Strategic thinker, action and goal-oriented, able to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential corporate partners' needs
• Proactive, with a strong work ethic, a self-starter
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bilingual in Spanish would be a plus
• Ability to work weekend and evening hours, including at donor and stewardship events, as needed.