The Paley Center For MediaNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Communications Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Communications Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Communications Director? SCOPE
The Communications Director is the department head and will lead the communications and public relations strategy for The Paley Center for Media. They have a passion for storytelling focused on enhancing and building brand reputations with both external and internal stakeholders. The Director will continue to drive the reputation for the Paley Center for Media as the leader and innovator in the media industry and creates public awareness that engages audiences. The Director will primarily be responsible for defining and driving multi-channel communications strategies at the highest value that will generate brand awareness, audience development, donor support and membership, as well as, drive sponsorship opportunities for Paley's industry, public and educational programming initiatives. The Communications Director will be responsible for successfully creating overall visibility and industry buzz for Paley's high-profile initiatives including all public and industry program events, Media Council and Membership events, galas, special events, and exhibits. This individual will be highly proficient at analyzing data, identifying trends and making media strategy recommendations. They will also have oversight of internal communications to ensure optimal company-wide dissemination of materials.
MUST be bilingual and be fluent in SPANISH (speaking, reading and writing).
In addition, the Communications Director will leverage all Paley's media assets to create and execute communications campaigns designed to:
• Build awareness of the Paley brand and all Paley programs (virtual and live events, festivals, exhibits, galas, screenings, summit, education, television specials), and sponsorships and activations to generate solid sponsor ROI
• Drive digital viewership, ticket sales to Paley live events, and tune-in for Paley's televised specials
• Drive membership across all relevant areas and expand the Paley community
• Enhance visitor traffic to public exhibitions at the Paley Centers in New York and Los Angeles.
• Develop and drive a multi-channel communications strategy and messaging through all media outlets including top-tier and niche traditional and social media outlets
• Maximize digital exposure with PR optimization on social media and track engagement to make data-driven decisions and syndicate social media content to amplify coverage. Lead enterprise media monitoring, distill data sets to identify trends in the industry and new audiences
• Drive awareness of sponsor programs and initiatives by leveraging all Paley media assets
• In partnership with the CEO, they will develop strong working relationships with the press and editorial boards that provide an avenue to enhance Paley's impact online and in print, and act as an ambassador for Paley, fielding inquiries and advocating for Paley, as appropriate.
• Organize and prepare the CEO for editorial board meetings, press interviews, etc.
• Evaluate existing and build new key media relationships in entertainment, cultural and industry press that generates awareness and interest through proactive outreach
• Create and disseminate Paley's corporate communication information as required including new trustee and staff announcements, new initiatives, speech writing for Paley executives and funding projects that garner continued interest in donor, membership, and public support
• Build an internal communication strategy including standardizing internal communication and processes for consistency and efficiency, and providing opportunities to cultivate and support employee engagement and awareness
• Create media and marketing materials such as, press releases and fact sheets, content creation, and website content, as well as communication via social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yahoo, etc.)
• Manage all incoming media requests, take action and follow-through on all relevant issues
• Coordinate with outside creative agencies on development of campaigns and securing PSAs.
• Manage PR Agencies (in NY and LA) to ensure all communications for Paley events and initiatives are strategically planned and executed and that press/media coverage directly benefits Paley as well as the subject of interest
• Direct and manage press and logistics for all Paley events including red carpet, shot lists and photo opportunities
• Monitor industry news to inform the executive team of key trending stories and current events affecting and related to the media industry
• Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by organization and sector, and work with Management to recognize internal and external communication opportunities and solutions to address them
• Assist senior management with external communications, speech writing and lectures
• Promote Paley executives as industry and curatorial experts for media opportunities.
• Strategic insight of all variables (internal and external) that support Paley's continued leadership position as the media industry's preeminent nonprofit organization
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills Including thorough research ability, influencing skills, and knowledge how to use various media outlets and social media platforms to reach different demographic groups with consistent messaging
• Proven relationships with the press and key media outlets
• Proven capacity to multi-task in fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment with tight deadlines
• Impeccable professional demeanor while working with all constituents and stakeholders
• Excellent judgment and ability to stay composed in high pressure situations
• Extensive experience with social media platforms and social media marketing including search engine marketing, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words
• Highly proficient with data analytics, media analysis and monitoring tools required
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communication technologies
• Ability to work events including nights and weekends and travel as needed
• Bachelor's degree in communications or relevant field with a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible experience in communications or media relations at a PR agency or in-house Corporate Communications department
• Fluency in Spanish required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Paley Center for Media maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.