Record Label Royalties Coordinator
The Nacelle Company, LLCBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Record Label Royalties Coordinator jobs in Burbank-CA
About the Job:
We are seeking a Record Label Royalties Coordinator to support the team in Los Angeles. This position will be tasked with the responsibility to coordinate, organize, and track vital information and workflows across our catalog of original and licensed content, from development through distribution, as well as supporting projects with our cross-functional teams.
The perfect candidate for this role will be very detail-oriented, able to analyze and process a large volume of transactions with high accuracy, and have experience at a record label or in the music industry, with a passion for automation and process improvements. Be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, and flexible. With a strong emphasis on organizational abilities and unwavering attention to detail while simultaneously able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities and ability to pivot when necessary. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is an independent, proactive, and positive thinker, works well within a team structure, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the accounting of album contracts for our licensed and owned titles.
• Review documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Maintain cross-functional internal and external relationships to ensure successful royalty payments.
• Create and maintain documents and workflows to set up, track, and manage royalties.
• Perform complex Excel functions.
• Review reports for accuracy.
• Maintain thorough catalog metadata.
• Experience and interest working in the audio/music industry, especially stand-up comedy
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment working on several projects in various points of production without sacrificing attention to detail
• Knowledge of music industry accounting processes
• Ability to analyze and use data for critical business decisions
• Capability to create automated workflows and improve processes
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Passion in continued learning of processes and trends
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and computer and Internet usage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We adhere to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
About the Company:
Founded by Brian Volk-Weiss, Comedy Dynamics, a Nacelle company, is the largest independent comedy production and distribution company. The company has produced Netflix's Down to Earth with Zac Efron, The Movies That Made Us, Netflix's The Toys That Made Us, Behind The Attraction for Disney +, Sony's Mad About You reboot, Netflix's Kevin Hart's Guide to Black History, Jim Gaffigan: Noble Ape, The CW's Discontinued, All The Way Black for BET+, Animal Planet's Animal Nation with Anthony Anderson, the scripted comedy on Hulu There's… Johnny!, History's Join Or Die with Craig Ferguson, MTV2's Wild 'N On Tour, Hulu's Coming To The Stage, and more. Comedy Dynamics began releasing original films in theaters and released the acclaimed independent film Slut in a Good Way in Spring of 2019. In 2017 the Comedy Dynamics Network (CDN) launched and currently distributes specials, television shows and films to all major transactional platforms such as iTunes, Amazon, Google, PlayStation, Xbox and most major telco & satellite providers, including AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Dish, and Verizon. The company has worked with a wide range of established and emerging comedic talent including Ali Wong, Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari, Jim Gaffigan, Pete Davidson, David Cross, and many more. The company was nominated for an NAACP Spirit Award in 2019 for Kevin Hart's Guide to Black History. 17 Comedy Dynamics releases have been Grammy-nominated (with four wins), including all 5 in the Comedy Album category for the 61st Annual Grammy Awards in 2019.