Entertainment Business Instructor
The Los Angeles Film SchoolHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Entertainment Business Instructor for Entertainment Business Finance and Entertainment Business Accounting
• The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in entertainment arts education, is seeking instructors for courses focused in Entertainment Business Finance and Entertainment Business Accounting within the Entertainment Business Bachelor of Science degree program.
The Entertainment Business program provides a well-rounded study of business administration and management principles with a focus on their application in the entertainment industry. Students receive training in management, leadership, marketing, accounting, finance, intellectual property, and other aspects of business.
We are looking for creative, passionate individuals with a background in Entertainment Business Finance and Entertainment Business Accounting training or teaching to work with our student body of creative-minded future business leaders from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
Please read the Experience and Education Required section below. Our accreditation requires verification of the education and work experience requirements. We cannot consider applicants who do not meet these requirements.
Ideal applicants are capable of teaching in multiple areas of specialty.
• Serve as the instructor for assigned course(s) or course sections and are responsible for teaching, advising students, administrative duties related to their courses, participation in open houses, campus events, and other campus activities.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of course materials consistent with industry standards and stated learning objectives for the course and program as directed by the Program Director.
• Provide academic support to students via personal meetings, phone, and e-mail.
• Assist in developing and implementing retention initiatives.
• Grade subjective examinations and other work.
• Monitor and lead online discussion boards and chat activity.
• Ensure student's successful completion of course objectives and learning outcomes.
• Maintain accurate academic records including grades, attendance and student communications, in full compliance with federal and state privacy laws
• Perform these responsibilities with the highest professional standards consistent with the vision, mission and strategy of the Los Angeles Film School.
• Complete and document a minimum of 16 hours continuing education per year.
Instructors are evaluated on some or all of these criteria:
• Assessments of student learning outcomes.
• Student evaluations.
• Student retention.
• In-class observations.
• Compliance with all academic, operational and financial policies of the school.
• Peer reviews.
• General performance and conduct as per standard Los Angeles Film School employee evaluations.
• Adherence to supervisory and managerial guidelines.
Experience and Education Required:
• A minimum of four years related professional work experience in the subject area being taught.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field required.
• Teaching and/or public speaking experience.
• Comfortable with both Apple and Windows operating systems.
• Competent using Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint, experience with Keynote software is a plus.
Other Skills Required and General Information:
• Positive attitude, a desire to help others, and a passion for educating.
• Excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written.
• Proficient with relevant industry tools.
• Classes and administrative hours are primarily weekdays, but weekend or evening duties may be required at times.
• Bachelor degree or higher required.
• Previous work experience related to Entertainment Business Finance and Entertainment Business Accounting.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online