Equipment & Purchasing Manager
The Lighting Design GroupNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Equipment & Purchasing Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Equipment & Purchasing Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Equipment & Purchasing Manager? Purpose: To purchase equipment more efficiently and effectively at LDG. The position will
support the efforts of the project managers and the technical project manager.
1. Constantly review and improve LDG equipment purchasing processes and procedures in
order to continuously increase efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Price equipment lists for project budgeting by Project Managers.
3. Review equipment lists with critical eye:
a. include necessary accessories
b. The amounts of different types of equipment relate to one another in proper
4. Make equipment purchases once approved by client.
a. Track shipping and confirm deliveries
b. Handle any problems, issues, returns.
5. Manage and develop relationships with vendors and manufacturers.
6. Proactively negotiate and manage pricing.
a. Keep pricing, lists and company discounts up to date.
b. Negotiate credit terms with vendors
7. Oversee LDG-owned equipment.
8. Proactively communicate with production department (PMs) and accounting
department to ensure that projects run and close out smoothly.
Reports to: Vice President of Production
• 3-5 years of experience purchasing in the entertainment industry and 2-4 years hands
on experience with broadcast lighting equipment.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks and database
• Strong work ethic; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong team player.
Send resume/cover letter with salary requirements to attention of Andrew Lipson. Please include ''Equipment & Purchasing Manager'' in subject line.
Job Code: Equipment & Purchasing Manager