The Lede CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Position: Music Publicist
Location: Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
**Due to Covid-19 all interviews will be via Zoom and position will be remote to begin.
The Lede Company, a full-service public relations firm specializing in talent publicity, content publicity, strategic communications and brand PR, is looking for a Music Publicist to join either our Los Angeles or New York office. The Music Publicist will develop strategic plans, pitch media and liaise with clients to execute media offers and client requests. The Music Publicist will be responsible for multitasking on several clients simultaneously in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates who can work in a fast-paced environment, are driven, and have strong communication and writing skills. The Music Publicist reports to our Managing Partner.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently pitch and secure media coverage on behalf of clients on a regional and national level.
- Work directly with clients and senior staff, and lead client communications, as appropriate.
- Maintain strong and positive relationships with clients.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with entertainment trade and consumer media.
- Keep abreast of music, entertainment and fashion industry events/summits and the media coverage that surrounds them.
- Work on various accounts simultaneously and under deadline.
- Stay abreast of media turnover and emerging outlets.
- Write press releases and pitches.
- Write, proof and edit a variety of PR and marketing materials.
- Help develop compelling story angles and draft compelling narratives on behalf of clients and their projects.
- Review client itineraries, agendas, recap reports and media clips, and work with support staff to ensure timely delivery of these communications to clients.
- Achieve exceptional outcomes for clients with evolving priorities.
- 5-7 years working at a PR agency or other entertainment company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Highly organized
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Proactive and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Reliable: meets deadlines, prioritizes well, and has a high sense of urgency
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Professional, confident, and mature demeanor
- Strong interest in all aspects of the entertainment industry (music in particular)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online