Paid Intern - Sound Design
The Kalamazoo Civic TheatreKalamazoo, MI
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Sound Design jobs in Kalamazoo-MI
The Kalamazoo Civic Theatre is seeking a skilled Sound Design Intern to join its creative team. A successful candidate will have an understanding of electronics, audio signal flow, a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn all aspects of sound design in a fast-paced work environment.
• Complete up to 6 sound designs per season with the option of branching into lighting design.
o Designs must include script analysis, research, and drafting any necessary paperwork.
• Assists with maintaining integrity of shows, theatre spaces and all lighting and sound equipment
• Attends all scheduled production meetings, technical rehearsals and strikes
• Trains volunteers and apprentices as necessary
• Assists with department duties, including, but not limited to
o Managing inventory and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
o Cleaning and organizing department spaces
• Assists with equipment rentals as requested
• Supervises Civic Youth Theatre run crews
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
• BA or BFA in Technical Theatre or equivalent combination of experience and training
• Prior realized design work in the field of sound design
• Comprehensive knowledge of electricity and signal flow
• Must have the ability to work with and train non-skilled volunteers and lead a crew when necessary
• Must possess the ability to interact with diverse audiences, including artists, staff, patrons, and volunteers in a professional and confidential manner
• Experience with Yamaha QL5, Shure Wireless Microphones, QLab, Logic, OBS, and/or Vectorworks a plus
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must possess the ability to climb a ladder, work in a lift, and work from a height of 55 ft.
• The physical ability to travel between the various CIVIC building locations is required
• Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
The Kalamazoo Civic Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that inspires all individuals and provides a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.