The John Gore OrganizationNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and energetic person to join our team in the role of Business Analyst. The primary responsibility of this role is to help us utilize our data in informing our strategic and operating decisions. Inclusive of that responsibility, you will support management by identifying and preparing key data sets; work on creating and improving our business intelligence environments (including both internally developed and 3rd-party software applications); provide information and reports on an ad-hoc basis to department leaders across the company; and prepare cost-benefit analyses of various scenarios.
This position will work from our New York City office in midtown.
• Assist in the development of reports and insightful analytics to further the company's business intelligence initiative.
• Work with team members to design, build, and maintain useful reports and dashboards within our reporting applications.
• Identify, source, clean, and maintain myriad sources of information and key metrics in order to utilize them in our data warehouse and reporting applications. This includes data validation and collaboration with our technical development team.
• Prepare regular, weekly reports to company managers highlighting key performance trends.
• Prepare ad-hoc analysis reports on a timely basis.
• Work with team members to analyze dynamic pricing experiments and recurring tests.
• Study and track industry trends; fold industry trends into our intelligence platforms.
• Assist in developing and executing benchmarks and gap analysis.
• Special Projects as required.
• Bachelor's degree required in relevant field (Economics, Finance, Accounting, Bus. Admin, or related field) or commensurate knowledge gained through relevant work experience.
• Two (2) years of prior professional experience.
• Microsoft Office: Excel power-user, PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with SQL beneficial but not required.
• Excellent analytical, planning, & organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to multi-task on many projects, both immediate and long-term, is essential.
Equal Employment Opportunity. We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation or preference, medical condition (including pregnancy) or protected disability where it is unrelated to the ability to perform a job, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other category prohibited by federal, state, or applicable local law, regulation, or ordinance.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, with salary that is commensurate to experience. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package including company sponsored medical coverage; paid vacation; and 401(k). This position is available immediately.