Coordinator, Creature Shop
The Jim Henson CompanyHollywood, CA
Part Time Job
• Ensures that effective systems and procedures are established and maintained.
• Serves as main communication point-person for all aspects of the physical Creature Shop facility.
• Responsible for project-based employee Deal Memos and timecards.
• Responsible for the budget of all petty cash, AmEx, and invoices; oversees the materials log and cost account for all materials.
• Responsible for ordering materials, shipping, and receiving.
• Responsible for preparing the Creature Shop when a project is green-lit, such as arranging for build space and ordering and organizing all supplies and materials needed for the project.
• Oversees all Interns and Production Assistants.
• Responsible for coordinating puppets to be ready and available for various productions and PR events/walkarounds.
• General administration of the Creature Shop, such as filing, answering phone calls, and keeping the calendar updated with all meetings and conference calls.
• Other office duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Knowledge of production preferred; knowledge of fabrication, mold making, and mechanics a plus but not required.
Outstanding organizational skills, both digital and practical.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
General understanding of the business environment.
Positive attitude and desire to go above and beyond what is asked.
Computer Skills Work Experience
Mac knowledge and background essential.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Photo and/or video editing a plus but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a project-based position.
NO phone calls, please.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online