Assistant to Creative Supervisor
The Jim Henson CompanyLong Island City, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Assistant to Creative Supervisor jobs in Long Island City-NY
Search all Assistant to Creative Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant to Creative Supervisor? PRIMARY PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT
Jim Henson's Creature Shop™ provides digital visual effects, animatronic creatures, animation and soft puppets to the international film, television, online and advertising industries and is based in Los Angeles and New York with satellite shop capabilities internationally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• General administration of the New York Workshop, such as keeping the calendar updated with all meetings and conference calls, answering calls, and directing calls to the appropriate person.
• Manages the Creative Supervisor's schedule as needed.
• Generates, maintains, and updates all production bibles, keeping all scripts, schedules, and artwork updated throughout pre-production; finalizes the digital and physical bibles at completion of project, including copyright photos of new work and reference photos for reproduction.
• Responsible for generating production boxes of new work, repro, as needed, to be added to storage database updates.
• Forwards copyright photos and/or reference photos as well as Pantone numbers and/or swatches and final artwork to client's art department, if needed.
• Follows up with final photography (still and/or video) from the client for the Jim Henson Company's reels and/or Archives.
• Responsible for purchasing, materials sourcing research, and updating vendors' list.
• Oversees project-based shoppers as needed.
• Responsible for shipping, deliveries, and pick-ups, including scheduling transportation.
• Coordinates the preparation of Sesame Workshop's characters for PR events, including packing the characters and scheduling their pick-up and return.
• Assists the Creative Supervisor and Project Manager with supervision of the production assistants.
• Assists the Creative Supervisor with Photographic Index of Sesame Workshop's properties to share with their production team.
• Responsible for keeping the Index updated for Sesame Workshop.
• Generates International Tracking System for all Sesame Workshop and ''Sesame Street'' international characters as impacted by international shipments, loans, returns and update as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Knowledge of MS Office required.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Familiarity with Filemaker Pro a plus.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Exceptional communication skills required.
• Self-motivation a necessity.
• Exceptional organizational skills needed.
• Ability to work in a team environment essential.
• Good research skills required.