Assistant Production Accountant
The Jim Henson CompanyLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Assistant Production Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant Production Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Production Accountant? The Jim Henson Company - a premier provider of family entertainment for over 60 years and computer-generated animation since 1993 - is seeking to fill its Assistant Production Accountant position. The Assistant Production Accountant position for Film and TV will be based in our Hollywood office and be a key strategic partner with the Production Accountant in the execution of the production plans and show budgets that represent the creative vision of the filmmakers. This person will be instrumental in maintaining accurate accounting records and adhering to accepted procedures for all production payments.
• Responsible for onboarding all cast and crew.
• Process cast and crew payroll, accounts payable, and all payments related to the production.
• Communicate between production, vendors, employees, corporate accounting, and unions.
• Support Production Accountant as needed to maintain the accuracy of the production's general ledger.
• Investigate and resolve open issues with payables, payroll, etc.
• Aid in production audits throughout the life of the production.
• Establish and maintain vendor relations and ensure payments are made in a timely fashion.
• Generate and track wire transfer requests for both domestic and international accounts and have an understanding of rate exchanges.
• Maintain expense reports and petty cash for each production.
• Handle bank reconciliations each month across multiple companies.
• Generate, enter, and track POs, journal entries, invoices, schedules, and more.
• Production accounting experience preferred.
• Knowledge of standard accounting and financial practices.
• Knowledge of basic filmmaking processes.
• Knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet applications required.
• Experience with collective bargaining agreements.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in production finance and/or production accounting in the film/TV industry required.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong and effective communicators.
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Required to be a self-starter, able to identify the needs of the team. and fill workflow gaps.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on action and generating results.
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
• Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse multicultural team environment.
• Aptitude or affinity towards tech/systems/development is a plus.
• Awareness to the value of multi-cultural representation in the entertainment industry is required.
• Candidates with multicultural backgrounds are encouraged
• Bachelor's in accounting or finance or equivalent experience required.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters community by celebrating diversity and individuality. Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world-famous Muppets, Henson has received over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards. Recent credits include Julie's Greenroom(Netflix), Dot. (Sprout/Hulu), Splash and Bubbles (PBS), Word Party (Netflix), Doozers (Hulu/ Sprout), and the Emmy®-nominated Sid the Science Kid (PBS), Dinosaur Train (PBS), and Pajanimals (Universal Kids). Television productions include Fraggle Rock, The Storyteller and the sci-fi cult series Farscape. Features include Disney's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, as well as The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, MirrorMask, and Jim Henson's Turkey Hollow. The Company is currently in production on the upcoming Netflix original series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Projects in development include the highly anticipated film Fraggle Rock.
With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot, complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. The Company is home to Jim Henson's Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building and visual effects group with international film, television, theme park and advertising clients, as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry's top recording facilities known for its world-class blend of state-of- the-art and vintage equipment. The Company's Henson Alternative brand is currently touring Puppet-Up! - Uncensored, a live puppet improvisational show, and its feature The Happytime Murders, starring Melissa McCarthy, will be released in August 2018.