VP Of Video Production and Development
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/24/2023 12:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for VP Of Video Production and Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP Of Video Production and Development postings
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter is looking for a dynamic video content leader to become its Vice President of Video Production and Development, based in its Los Angeles or New York office. This person will captain a team of producers, hosts, editors and strategists and develop coverage for key news, create feature content as well as shepherd and develop best-in-class video series for The Hollywood Reporter.
The role will also focus on the distribution and viewership of current and new video series including the Hollywood Reporter’s Emmy-nominated flagship “Roundtables” and “The Hollywood Reporter News.” The successful candidate will also oversee the production of THR’s custom content including its successful “THR Presents'' series. The VP of Production and Development will also lead the team at major events such as the Academy Awards and run THR’s video lounges at events such as the Toronto International Film Festival.
This dynamic role requires a strong background in content development, production, news, analytical thinking, and strong attention to detail. This person must be a strategic leader who can map out the growth of THR’s video products and its audience across platforms. The VP must also to execute new and current video series while working across departments including sales, marketing, editorial, events and PR.
• Manage a team of producers, editors, and content managers
• Develop growth and profitability of the video business. Oversee the department P&L and communicate progress to brand and corporate leadership.
• Track video views and revenue across all platforms ensuring MOM and YOY growth
• Manage budgets and payments for all shows and freelance production partners
• Oversee all tentpole events and awards shows coverage for video
• Coordinate strong strategies with social media team to ensure best distribution of video
• Work with editorial team to generate varied content, from key news to BTS video to coordination of major interviews
• W ork with sales and social teams to build and grow monetization opportunities with platforms- such as TW Amplify.
• Development of custom content opportunities, series and concepts to be sold to brands or for outside distribution. Execute sourcing and partnering with production companies.
• 5 years of newsroom or news experience required
• Should have a minimum of 10 years broadcast and/or content creation experience
• Understanding of camera, lighting & audio equipment, LiveU, Adobe Premiere and graphics creation
• Familiarity with Wordpress, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram and other social platforms
• Analytical thinking and ability to pivot strategy based on viewership and reporting
• Strong ability to write, produce and oversee edits of all content creation
• A proven leader that has managed teams
• Experience in working with top talent reps. talent reps and working with legal teams
• Strong knowledge of the entertainment industry and the THR brand
Typical wage range: $130k - $150k annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Deadline, Variety, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.