The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 6:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor?
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter: Video Editor
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Penske Media, owner of over 20 leading media brands, is looking for a skilled editor to join the video team at The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Vibe in our Los Angeles office. This key role is an integral part of the video team, responsible for the creation of compelling story telling through a new slate of content being rolled out by the video team. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, mission-based company and make an immediate impact on a growing team, comprised of producers, hosts, editors, and strategists.
The video team has developed a new 2021 slate of shows and this role will be responsible for creating content in an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From daily news and breakout stories to ongoing franchises and custom content, the Video Editor will be involved with handling all types of content across the board. The Video Editor will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of editing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Editor is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms.
This role reports to the head of Video Production.
• Edit daily video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Work with our video producers and team leaders on any and all video projects
• Edit high quality videos that suit the needs of the brand and our clients
• Manage media storage and organization of all raw materials and finished projects
• Manage multiple edits and ensure delivery on time.
• 4-5 years of experience editing, creating and managing digital video
• Background in entertainment, news, and music or similarly related digital consumer media
• Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
• A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
• A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
• Passion for digital/entertainment/news/music
• Fluency and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud – specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Color grading, After Effects, Sound Mixing
About The Hollywood Reporter
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is a flagship entertainment media brand, offering in-depth reporting, analysis, unparalleled access, world-class photography and video, and feature exclusives in its award-winning weekly magazine and dynamic website. The Hollywood Reporter also boasts prestigious live events, industry-leading philanthropic, empowerment and diversity initiatives and hugely successful video series including ''Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter,'' which was nominated for a 2019 Daytime Emmy Award. In 2020, The Hollywood Reporter won the National Magazine Award for General Excellence, Special Interest, awarded by the American Society of Magazine Editors.