Social Media Coordinator
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/10/2022 6:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter is seeking a Social Media Coordinator, based in Los Angeles, to join the award-winning entertainment media company and help grow its reach, brand awareness and engagement with our audience across social media networks. The coordinator will have a strong interest in entertainment, pop culture and social media trends, as well as have good writing and communication skills.
• Collaborate with the editorial team to develop and distribute engaging social media content that complements our journalism, drives traffic and conversation
• Assist the Social Media Manager in updating THR’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, with content ranging from breaking news to features
• With direction from the leadership team, create content posts that are dynamic and feel organic to the respective platform
• The Hollywood Reporter operates in a 24/7 news cycle and when needed, the Social Media Coordinator will work early mornings, late nights and weekends.
You will learn to:
• Identify and quickly react to breaking news as well as trending topics driving the conversation in the entertainment industry
• Use social analytic tools to help drive strategy
• Cover industry events such as the Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, major movie premieres, festivals and other Hollywood gatherings
• Create assets for partnership promotion and sponsored content as needed
• Seeking 1 year of social media experience in journalism
• Knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube
• Strong copywriting, grammar and self-editing skills
• Good news judgment
• Understanding of SEO
• Basic photo and video editing skills
• Motivated self-starter, with strong collaboration skills and the ability to juggle concurrent projects
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.