The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Photo Producer will spearhead production on shoots for the print magazine, including Covers, Features and Front of Book. The Photo Producer will collaborate closely with the Visual Media Director and Creative Director to pitch and execute shoot concepts aligned with the visual identity of The Hollywood Reporter. We are seeking a self-starter who can bring ideas and handle a high volume of detail-intensive projects and thrives as a part of a creative team.
• Conceptualizing and producing photo shoots including covers, features, photo portfolios for THR’s print magazine and digital formats.
• Finding, meeting and pitching new photographers that are on brand for THR.
• Collaborating with editors, photo and art directors along with talent management, photographers, stylists, and set designers, to execute exceptional visual imagery.
• Managing shoot production workflow from concept to production to publication, delivering final images on time and on budget.
• Art directing photographers on set, owning all production asks for each shoot from talent, crew and vendors.
• Tracking and organizing shoot production schedules, call sheets, talent and photographer contracts, invoices, budget estimates and accruals.
• 6-8 years of photo producing experience
• Shoot production with celebrity talent teams
• Contracts: general understanding of photographer and talent contracts
• Photo editing and layout tools: Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, InCopy, K4
• Negotiating and tracking budgets, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Passion for Photography is a must, a degree in it is a plus!
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.