The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter is searching for a general assignment reporter/writer with experience covering breaking news to join our award-winning, multiplatform coverage team. The successful candidate will be a versatile reporter who has spent time working in a fast-paced newsroom, writing engaging, informative, accurate stories on tight deadlines. They will have sources and key contacts in the entertainment industry as well as intersecting topic areas, such as law enforcement and legal contacts.
• Identify and quickly react to breaking news as well as trending topics and viral social posts driving the conversation in the entertainment industry. This could include a variety of topics, from new show announcements to casting news to crime stories and politics.
• Collaborate with other beat reporters to break or confirm news stories on deadline.
• Pitch ideas for daily coverage as well as follow-up/second-day stories with unique angles and fresh reporting, and longer-term enterprise content.
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines.
• Occasionally may be asked to help cover some entertainment industry events such as awards shows.
• At least 3-5 years of experience researching, reporting and writing for a news outlet
• Strong writing, self-editing and interviewing skills
• Excellent news judgment and communication skills
• Knowledge of WordPress and social media platforms, and basic understanding of other digital publishing and analytics tools
• The preferred candidate will have sources in entertainment as well as relationships with law enforcement, attorneys, politicians, etc.
• Bilingual a plus
Typical wage range: $65k - $75k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision), HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, and the people and culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting and insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes The Hollywood Reporters, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby, Variety and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit?www.PMC.com.?