The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2021 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Writing Category
Search for E-Commerce Writer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all E-Commerce Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an E-Commerce Writer? The Hollywood Reporter: E-Commerce Writer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate these are unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
The Hollywood Reporter is hiring an E-commerce Writer to create shoppable content. The writer will also be writing in-depth reviews on some of the latest products available in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content as well as a demonstrated interest in covering consumer tech, fashion and entertainment. Experience with affiliate networks and link tracking platforms preferred and is a major plus.
A knowledge of the entertainment world and the style/lifestyle world is a must. This includes - but is not limited to - television, movies, theater, music, video games, fashion, consumer tech, beauty and more. The ideal candidate
We're seeking an excellent writer, pro-active reporter and original thinker who can jump in and create timely and aesthetically appealing stories for The Hollywood Reporter's ecommerce vertical and be part of its dynamic, award-winning team.
The ideal candidate is laser focused on what's new in entertainment and the spheres of style, lifestyle and tech. Our E-commerce Writer will need to take that knowledge and intersect it with organic and trusted recommendations for consumer-based articles.
The E-Commerce Writer must also have an appreciation for The Hollywood Reporter voice and be comfortable writing well-researched recommendations that feel appropriate for The Hollywood Reporter entertainment-obsessed reader. Knowledge about what's currently popular on the retail-scene is also crucial. You know when Tracee Ellis Ross is about to launch her first Pattern Beauty candle and when Fitbit and Oura are about to drop new products.
This prospective writer should be brimming with great pitches for product reviews and roundups that are a perfect fit for The Hollywood Reporter's audience. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices. The ability to juggle multiple projects at once is key, as is the ability to turn around quick, concise articles timed to breaking news (I.e. new product announcements or launches).
We're looking for a writer with a keen attention to detail, who is deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish (including loading photos and affiliate links) in our CMS.
• Write and produce 10-15 pieces of shoppable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products that will resonate with the The Hollywood Reporter reader
• Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
• Work closely with the deputy editor and e-commerce team to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting daily and weekly deadlines
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
• Attend local and national industry events, as needed, to offer live coverage
• Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in digital media, preferably in e-commerce
• The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• Daily experience working within a CMS (familiarity with WordPress preferred)
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
• Track record of producing engaging news stories and impactful features on deadline
• Be a self-starter as well as a collaborative team player not only with editors but also with the photo, design and social teams.
• Social media savvy and online profile
• Clear authoritative writing voice
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms, a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation; hollywoodreporter.com. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.