Director Of Marketing
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is hiring a Director of Marketing to help grow our sales portfolio.
This role is primarily responsible for creative ideation and constructing proposal materials—both proactively and in response to RFPs—that meet advertiser expectations and align with THR’s brand identity.
The ideal candidate is someone who is excited to brainstorm big ideas, thinks strategically, and is a compelling public speaker (in rooms big and small). A vital role within a fast-paced marketing team, the Director of Marketing will work across all platforms, including video, social, digital, print, and live media to develop custom content and product-led ideas.
Candidate must be confident interfacing with a variety of internal and external teams, leading brainstorms, selling-through ideas effectively, and managing multiple projects daily.
• Lead brainstorms and conceptualize innovative custom content ideas for a variety of advertisers
• Liaise with internal teams—including sales, editorial, video, account management, PR and more—to crystalize ideas and create digestible, 360° marketing strategies
• Lead efforts to design clear, concise marketing materials that communicate how our platforms work in concert to support client objectives
• Interface with clients to understand marketing strategies and KPIs and own the creative conversation from start-to-finish
• Report to the VP, Head of Marketing and serve as a day-to-day mentor to additional marketing team members
• Work closely with Account Management to ensure seamless quantification of program elements
• Balance cross-functional P&Ls/production costs to ensure maximum creativity and THR brand revenue
• Conceptualize and build proactive marketing and media packages and educate THR’s sales team and external clients
• Work with internal teams to request and implement design assets, research, etc.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in publishing, agency marketing, or digital media and ideation of custom content
• Experience providing integrated marketing support to a sales team
• Exceptional creative writer and storyteller with strong creative presentation skills (including proficient knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Ability to independently develop creative ideas and articulate opportunities to advertisers
• Ability to manage multiple proposals and priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Innate passion for entertainment, film/TV and The Hollywood Reporter brand
• Team-oriented – flexible, helpful, and able to work well with others
• Solution-oriented – proactive problem solver, quick learner, and strategic thinker
Typical wage range: $120k - $130k annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms — a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Deadline, Variety, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.