Coordinator, Business Development
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The position provides lead generation to fuel Sales' efforts for THR and Billboard for special issues including but not limited to power lists, congratulatory ads for awards, awards shows, memorial ads and other research directly tied in with driving advertising revenue. Individual also assists and is the conduit for developing sales collateral.
What You'll Do:
• Research and maintain sales leads and generating pipeline around special issues for all brands.
• Works with the publisher to assign sales leads based upon power list provided by editorial
• Outreach to external contacts to verify and qualify leads
• Assists with tracking anniversaries and industry-related events for special issues pipeline and internal database
• Collaborate with the Marketing department and Design team to initiate, create, shepherd and disseminate print and digital sales collateral for the sales team
• Participate in the brainstorming process of new editorial franchises to generate incremental advertising revenue
• Attend weekly sales meeting
• Help events team as needed
• Act as a liaison to maintain information flow between the sales and editorial team
• Track multiple competitors' sales efforts and consistently monitor industry trends
Your Experience & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
• Strong computer/internet research and Excel skills
• Extremely organized with an eye for details
• Understanding of the entertainment and music industries from business and consumer standpoint
• Great interpersonal skills including an ability to work as a team player with all levels of the organization and external clients
• Self-motivated and resourceful - use good judgment in anticipating needs for the Sales department
• Familiarity with JIRA, or Project Management Systems a plus
• Minimum 1-year experience in a corporate/ business entertainment environment with research responsibilities.
Valence Media is comprised of The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, Media Rights Capital, and Dick Clark Productions; Valence is also a minority investor in A24 and Fulwell73. As a diversified media company, Valence Media has expertise in content creation, distribution, and monetization across premium television, wide-release film, specialty film, live entertainment, and digital media. Its core mission is to offer a unique environment to develop and attract great leaders through collaboration across platforms, professional development and learning, and a focus on building an industry-leading culture of inclusion, diversity, and safety.