The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter: Associate Editor
The Hollywood Reporter is seeking an Associate Editor with a passion for the entertainment industry to write, edit and publish breaking news and feature stories for THR.com, its dynamic, award-winning website.
This position will work a Friday to Tuesday schedule, though all scheduling is subject to change.
The associate editor will be the first in line for identifying, advancing and writing breaking entertainment news stories, as well as aggregating from other authoritative sources. The role requires working with various editors to prioritize writing and editing assignments and could include reporting and writing multiple articles per day.
The associate editor will also help curate the homepage for THR.com and coordinate with social media editors on promotion of stories on multiple platforms.
The associate editor will also have the opportunity to develop their own story ideas and contribute original reporting to the website and potentially its magazine.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum 4 years' experience as a writer or editor at a magazine, newspaper or digital news site.
• Ability to identify and report out stories that are driving the conversation in the entertainment industry.
• Strong news judgement and an ability to write engaging articles quickly and accurately, as well as how to advance stories
• Strong editing skills
• Familiarity with CMS publishing and web production
• Understanding of SEO and similar content production best practices
• Team player with positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
• Ability to work late nights and weekend news shifts, and work in a 24/7 news cycle.
• Eagerness to cover the industry events virtually (or in person when events return), such as premieres, festivals, awards shows and other entertainment-related gatherings.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it. THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative photography across multiple platforms _ a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.