Assistant To The Editorial Director
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/28/2021 5:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Assistant To The Editorial Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant To The Editorial Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant To The Editorial Director?
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter: Assistant to the Editorial Director
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
The Hollywood Reporter is hiring an Assistant to the Editorial Director. The Assistant will work closely with the Editorial Director to oversee daily calendar, travel and administrative tasks, as well as help manage editorial operations, finances and internal projects and communications.
The Assistant will stay in close contact with writers and editors; oversee editorial transcriptions; handle comp issues; distribute proofs to editors during the weekly magazine close; and contribute reporting to the website and magazine. The full-time role would begin as a remote-work position and eventually be located in West Los Angeles at the Penske Media Corporation's West Coast headquarters.
• Heavy calendar management, make and confirm appointments; manage scheduling of meetings and communications for the editorial department
• Assist with onboarding freelancers in Salesforce; contracts, invoices
• File and process expenses; oversee purchase orders
• Handle external requests and inquiries
• Assist editorial staff with various projects
• Intensive story research and possible writing assignments
• Organized, responsible, flexible; excellent time-management skills
• Interested and engaged in entertainment, politics, pop culture
• Resourceful, enterprising, and the ability to collaborate well with others
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
• 1 to 2 years at a website or print publication
• Must be highly professional, conscientious and enthusiastic
• Ability to juggle many projects at once, working both individually and as part of a team
• Keen interest in publishing
• Familiarity with WordPress and SEO
About The Hollywood Reporter:
At a time of transformative change, The Hollywood Reporter provides unparalleled access to and intelligence about the business of the entertainment industry, as well as the people and the culture behind it.?THR is an urgent and timely blend of rigorous breaking news, analysis, investigative reporting, insightful features, as well as lively design and elegant, creative?photography across multiple platforms _ a high-octane 24/7 website, a luxurious weekly print magazine, video series, podcasts, exclusive events and robust social media accounts. THR sets the entertainment agenda, elevating and broadening the style and substance of the Hollywood conversation.