Finance & Operation Manager
The Gotham Film & Media InstituteBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
The Gotham Film & Media Institute (formerly IFP) has been one of the leading non-profit supporters of independent film for over forty years, launching the careers of some of the boldest filmmakers working today. We are seeking a highly motivated, enterprising, and innovative Operations and Accounting Manager to provide operational support to advance our business objectives. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to multi-task and a willingness to assist in several key areas of operations.
The position will be full-time, at-will and report to the remote Director of Finance. The candidate is expected to work primarily on-site with the possibility of some remote work as well.
• Implementation of office operations and procedures including administration of payroll, bookkeeping, budgets, personnel, information
management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services
• Utilize resources that create timely and efficient workflow
• Manage relationships with office vendors or service providers
• Compliance with office policies and procedures
• Manage office responsibilities related to billing and collections to ensure accurate and complete information
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank and credit card account and provide information to the director of finance and external
accountant who create the company's financial statements
• Manage expenses and expense reports
• Answer telephone calls and schedule meetings across multiple time zones
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as finance or accounting preferred
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience as an office manager or full charge bookkeeper
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to
deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Ability to prioritize multiple competing responsibilities and work efficiently
• Strong judgment and a high level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and business matters
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Takes initiative and strives for results; able to prioritize time
• Strong project management skills; meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; organized and detail oriented
• Location will be based out of The Brooklyn office of The Gotham
The Gotham Film & Media Institute is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment within our organization and industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online